This delicious Tuscan chocolate fruit tart is so easy and simple to prepare. I really love the combination of dark chocolate and juicy fruits –so rich and flawless treat! Plus, it’s Italian! Try it:
- 380 grams’ sweet pastry
- 3 ½ tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 Bartlett pears/Williams pears, peeled and quartered
- 350 ml heavy cream
- 200 grams’ high-quality dark chocolate (70%)
- 35 grams unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5. Using flour to dust, make a rectangular shape by rolling out the crust pastry under 1 cm thick.
- Apply on a flat baking tray; using your thumb and forefinger pinch the pastry around the edge to make some kind of lip.
- Next, after removing the core, slice every pear ¼ into three.
- Sprinkle with ½ the caster sugar and allow to sit for one minute before scattering them on top of the pastry.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 16-18 minutes, or just until golden.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan, heat the heavy cream until almost boiling. Then, remove and allow to rest for 1 minute before applying the chocolate.
- Stir in the chocolate until smooth and melted; apply the butter and the remaining sugar.
- Gently pour in the center, over the pears (trying not to allow the chocolate go over the edges). Let it cool for 5 minutes then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve.