This butterscotch sauce is so rich, creamy, and really delicious! Festive and unique, the butterscotch sauce is a great addition for every pound cake, Bundt cake, and other similar simple cakes (made of flour, butter, eggs, and sugar). Plus, it can provide tres leches a special flavor that you’ll love it! This is the traditional butterscotch sauce recipe:
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) thin cream (substitute: light cream)
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 ½ tablespoons (50 grams) butter, cubed
- In a medium saucepan, pour the cream, butter, sugar, and vanilla essence. Stir over medium-high heat until well melted and mixed (for 4-5 minutes).
- Next, increase to high heat and bring the mixture to boil. Then, immediately reduce to low heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- After that, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside to room temperature to cool (for about two hours). Spread over your dessert or simply serve.