This tiramisu crepe cake can be your perfect weekend treat – easy and simple to make plus really delicious! Surprise your family or friends with this relaxing chocolate cake that everybody loves! You can make the pancakes/crepes at home, or simply use store-bought crepes (that you can find in the freezer in a large grocery store) or store-bought crepe mixture for a quicker version of the dessert – just remember to add 2 tablespoons freshly brewed espresso coffee (see recipe). Try the recipe:
For the homemade tiramisu crepes:
- 2 ¼ cups (600 ml) milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup (90 ml) melted butter
- 7 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups (400 grams) flour
- ½ cup (120 ml) sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly brewed espresso, or other strong coffee
For the tiramisu filling:
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) mascarpone
- 2 cups (480 ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup (120 ml) icing sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) espresso
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or brandy (optional)
- cocoa powder (or espresso powder), for dusting
- chocolate shavings, for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients for the pancakes/crepes and mix on medium speed with an electric mixer just until well combined.
- Then, heat a non-stick pancake pan and cook the crepes (2 minutes on one side, then flip on the other side and cook 1 and a half minutes). Once cooked on both sides, transfer to a plate.
- Then, repeat until all crepe batter is used up (around 18 to 23 crepes). Allow cooling. In the meantime, prepare the tiramisu filling.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer beat mascarpone, icing sugar, and salt together.
- Pour brewed espresso and dark rum/brandy (if using) and combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture (reserve around a ¾ cup) for decoration.
- To assemble, apply a crepe on a plate. Next, spread a 3mm (1/8-inch) layer of filling on top and dust with some cocoa powder (or espresso powder if you prefer more intensive coffee flavor).
- Apply another crepe, spread filling, and sprinkle with cocoa powder/espresso powder.
- Repeat until you use all pancakes and filling.
- Sprinkle with cocoa/espresso powder, and use remaining tiramisu filling to spread for garnish.
- Dust some more cocoa powder/espresso powder or sprinkle chocolate shavings (if desired) over the top. Slice and serve.