This spinach and mozzarella omelette is a real cibo per l’anima or food for the soul! A great Sunday breakfast, Italian style omelette that is so soft, cheesy, and very delicious! Simple and nice, here is the recipe:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 40 grams/1 ½ oz. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Small handful baby spinach, stalks removed
- Salt and pepper
- A few little Italian cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1 oil-cured red pepper, sliced into strips, to garnish
- Heat a 25-cm/10-inch non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the butter and, when it sizzles, pour it the eggs. Season with salt and pepper, then stir gently with the back of a fork until large flakes form. Leave to cook for a few seconds, then tilt the pan and lift the edges of the mixture with a spatula, so that the uncooked egg flows underneath.
- Scatter the cheese and spinach over the top and leave to cook for a few seconds. Once the surface starts to solidify, carefully fold the omelette in half. Cook for a few seconds, pressing the surface with a spatula.
- Turnover and cook for another few seconds, until the cheese, is soft and the spinach wilted. Slip the omelette onto a warmed serving dish and slice into segments. Garnish with little Italian tomatoes (if desired) and strips of red pepper before serving.