This panna cotta cake is so rich, creamy, and very delicious! Plus, it is very easy to make it! Surprise your family or friends with this unconventional, enrich panna cotta cake for the weekend – they will love it! Here is the recipe:
- 230 grams digestive biscuits
- 130 grams butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
For the panna cotta mixture:
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod/ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 sheets leaf gelatin/ 1 tablespoon (1 envelope) powdered gelatin
- 6 tablespoons water
- 100 grams confectioners’ sugar
- Nutella, hazelnut spread – optional
- Caramel sauce – optional
- fresh fruit – optional
To make the base:
- In a blender, process the biscuits into fine crumbs. Apply the melted butter and a teaspoon of cocoa powder and mix again until well incorporated.
- Press evenly onto bottom of a pie pan that is sprayed with cooking spray. place in the fridge to set for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the panna cotta
To make the panna cotta mixture:
- In a small bowl, pour 6 tbsps. almost-boiling water and sprinkles in the powdered gelatin. Combine until dissolved; leave to cool for 5 minutes. If using gelatin leaves cover them with the water and leave to softened for about 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add the milk, heavy cream, and vanilla pod/extract. Stir occasionally; bring to boil, and then add the sugar and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 more minutes or just until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove and stir in the gelatin mixture – whisk until dissolved (around 1-2 minutes). Set aside to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Discard the vanilla pod (if using) and pour the panna cotta mixture over the base.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Before servings, sprinkle some Nutella, caramel sauce, or some fruits (if desired). Slice and serve.