This white chocolate and lemon pound cake is so well moist, rich, soft and really goluptions! It will take you about two hours to make it. You can enjoy it with a cup of ice tea and even cocktail! Here is the recipe:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or alternatively you can combine 1 tablespoon vinegar in a ½ cup of whole milk)
- 100 grams white chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, room temperature
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and leave aside.
- In another bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time. Whisk in the sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ginger.
- Mix 1/2 of the flour mix into the butter mix. Pour in the buttermilk and then beat in the remaining flour mixture. Combine just until the flour disappears. Finally, add the chopped white chocolate and combine with a spoon just to incorporate.
- Spread the cake mixture into a standard pound cake pan, which has been generously sprayed with nonstick baking spray.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 70-80 minutes or just until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Then, remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the lemon glaze.
To make the lemon glaze:
- Beat the lemon juice and powdered sugar together until you get a smooth glaze mixture.
- Next, turn it over on a cake platter and drizzle the lemon glaze over the cake while still warm – so the glaze could soak into the cake. Leave the cake to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.