This Italian milk cream without eggs tastes like heaven! According to me, this is the perfect dip for croissants and delicious coffee foam! It is so simple and easy to prepare and it has an ice cream zest with a nice milky finish. You can prepare and enjoy this milk cream as a dip or frosting, too. Here is the recipe:
- 400 ml whole milk
- 500 ml heavy whipping cream, cold
- 70 grams’ flour (type 00)
- 85 grams’ white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams of powdered sugar
- 12 grams of powdered gelatin
- Soak gelatin in 60 ml cold water for 5 minutes to firm.
- In a saucepan, boil the milk along with the vanilla extract.
- In another saucepan, combine the flour and white sugar together then pour the hot milk and vanilla mixture. Place over the heat until thickened; stirring frequently (around 5-7 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and add the gelatin and water mixture. Combine to incorporate, cover with aluminum foil and allow to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes then refrigerate for 30 minutes to cool completely.
- When it is cold, give a vigorous stirring bringing it creamy and without lumps.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream together with the powdered sugar, until you get a nice and thick consistency (like yogurt – thick but not too much).
- Add the milk and gelatin mixture to the whipped cream and beat until a light and frothy cream is obtained (stirring from top to bottom).
- Your milk cream is so ready! You can use it as a dip or frosting. It is also good to eat as it is … even too good! Enjoy!