The hot and cold combination of sweet course provides a special, more intensive flavor of the dessert that you eat. This hot & cold fudge pie will offer a nice chocolate and pecan flour supported by a cold taste of ice cream. Simple and easy to make – it will take you only 10 minutes to prepare it plus around 30 minutes to cook.
Try it! Here is the recipe:
- ½ package (12-oz.) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla (or chocolate) ice cream
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked piecrust shell – frozen
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the semisweet chocolate morsels together with the evaporated milk and butter, at high, for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or just until smooth and well melted, whisking at 30-second intervals.
- In this (melted) mixture, add the sugar and flour and combine. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, mixing just until blended after every addition. Stir in salt and vanilla. Add the chopped pecans. Pour the batter into pie shell.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until set. Remove and allow to cool for 8-10 minute. Slice and serve it (still warm) with a dollop of ice cream.