So milky, so chocolaty and moist, this chocolate latter layer cake with peanuts is the dessert of your dreams! Creamy, moist, and very delicious! This cake is easy to prepare and it ideal for many special occasions. Plus, it would be the perfect gift for your loved ones if they enjoy the combination of chocolate and peanuts. Here is the recipe:
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup prepared chocolate latte or mocha coffee (freshly brewed and warm)
For the peanut butter frosting:
- peanut butter frosting
- ½ cup peanuts, finely chopped
- Chocolate glaze/chocolate sauce/melted chocolate (optional)
- A few whole peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour 3 cake pans.
- In a bowl, add the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine.
- Next, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla. While mixing on low speed, gradually, apply the mixture of dry ingredients. Pour the warm chocolate latte/mocha coffee and whisk until well combined. You will get a very thin batter.
- Divide it into the prepared pans and place in the oven. Bake for around 25 minutes or just until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool on the cooling rack. Turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack.
- While the cakes are cooling, make your frosting.
- Next, frost the top of the 1st cake with a layer of peanut butter frosting. Sprinkles some of the chopped peanuts. Then, repeat the process with the remaining layers, frosting, and chopped peanuts.
- To finish, top with chocolate glaze/melted chocolate/or chocolate sauce (if desired). Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- Before servings, garnish with a few peanuts (if desired).