Rich, creamy chocolate mousse pie is a perfect treat for everyone who likes mousse and chocolate. Deep, decadent mousse is nestled in a chocolate coated chocolate cookie crust and topped with a light, fluffy whipped cream cloud. So simple to make it’s silly!
For the crust:
- 9-ounces chocolate wafer cookies (crushed into crumbs)
- 6-ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
For the chocolate mousse:
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into 1/2-ounce pieces
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the whipped topping:
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- chocolate shavings or cinnamon, for garnish
To make the crust:
- In a bowl, stir together the butter and cookie crumbs until incorporated and moistened. Press the mixture evenly into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate being sure to coat the bottom and the sides. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the bottom of the crust and refrigerate until firm, approximately 5-10 minutes.
To make the chocolate mousse filling:
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler. Then, remove and stir until smooth; set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream in the chilled bowl of a mixer fitted with a chilled balloon whip.
- Beat on high speed until peaks form, about 1 minute. Set aside for a few minutes until needed.
- Whisk 3 egg whites in a large stainless-steel bowl, until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add a 1/4 of the whipped cream to the chocolate and whisk quickly, vigorously, and thoroughly, then add to the egg whites; then, apply the remaining whipped cream.
- Fold everything together gently and thoroughly.
- Pour the chocolate mousse filling into the pie crust and spread evenly. Return the pie to the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
To make the whipped topping:
- In a medium bowl, beat the confectioners’ sugar and cream together with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the pie.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings or cinnamon, if desired.
- Chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Slice with a sharp knife warmed in hot water to make slicing easier.
HOT AMAZON KITCHEN DEALS