Coconut is a common ingredient in various desserts. This coconut buttercream frosting can be a perfect addition to many spring-summer refreshing desserts. You can frost your favorite muffins, cakes, pancakes, ice creams and other sweet treats. Simple and easy, fluffy and creamy – amazing! Here is the recipe:
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- Large flake coconut, to garnish (if desired)
- Using an electric mixer, on medium-high speed, beat the butter until fluffy (around 5 minutes).
- Apply sugar and salt, and whisk on low to combine (around 30 seconds).
- Beat in half and half, vanilla extract, and coconut extract mixing on low until incorporated (around 30 seconds).
- Increase mixer speed to medium-high and whisk until light and fluffy, around 5 minutes, occasionally scraping down the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- This frosting recipe makes just enough icing for 12 cupcakes (generously frosted), and top of one regular size cake. Top the frosting with some large flake coconut (optional).