Rich, moist, soft and really delicious these cute apple pie chocolate truffles are probably the best dessert of the season. Plus, they are easy and simple to make – it will take you around 20 minutes to prepare them plus 40 more minutes to cook. Your family and friends will love them! Try the following recipe:
- 150 ml apple juice concentrate, defrosted
- 85 ml heavy cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 340 grams (12 oz.) milk chocolate (finely chopped)
- 340 grams (12 oz.) chocolate candy coating
- 5 graham crackers
- 1 apple (peeled and grated)
- In a small saucepan, apply the apple juice concentrate and put the cinnamon stick. Put it over medium heat and let it simmer until the concentrate is condensed by half (around 10-15 minutes); however, check it until you have one-third cup of concentrated apple juice.
- In the saucepan with one-third of concentrated apple juice, place the heavy cream and bring it to a boil; stirring from time to time. In the meantime, in a large bowl, apply the chopped milk chocolate.
- When the cream-apple juice mixture is boiling, use a strainer to strain it over the chopped chocolate. Using a whisk, gently stir the chocolate until melted, smooth, and shiny ganache.
- Apply a layer of cling wrap on top of the ganache and place it in the fridge until firm enough to scoop and roll, around 2 hours.
- When the mixture is firm, however not solid, take a cocoa powder just to dust your hands with and roll the ganache into one-inch balls. Repeat the process until the mixture is finished. You will get 42-48 truffles.
- Refrigerate the truffles to set for 40 minutes. In the meantime, using a food processor/blender, crumble the graham crackers; then, rinse, peel, and grate the apple. In a small dish, combine the crumbled graham crackers and the grated apple together.
- Then, in a microwavable safe dish melt the chocolate candy coating, stirring after each 30 sec. to prevent overheating.
- When the coating is smooth and melted and the truffles are firm, use dipping tools or fork to dip the small truffles into the melted chocolate candy coating.
- Arrange the dipped truffle on a foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle the top liberally with the crushed graham crackers and apple mixture.
- Refrigerate the truffles to set again, for about 10 minutes. Serve.